If you are interested in participating in any of the parent learning workshops, please use the link below to sign-up.
Spring: Middle School Expectations
Session 1: Environment, Supporting Academic Success & Technology
- Gain knowledge about our distance learning schedule guide and virtual preparation
- Learn about a middle school schedule and middle school environment
- Awareness of the various assessments given during the middle school years
- Learn about the resources available to students to help them succeed in the classroom
- Overview use Atlas & EduText
Session 2: Positive Communication and Helping your Student Succeed
- Familiarize yourself with three important styles of communication
- Gain knowledge about what is growth mindset
- Learn how communication affects academic, personal-social, and career success
- Review advice for parents on your future Middle School student
Fall: Middle School Readiness
Session 1: Introduction and Middle School Preparation
Introduction and Middle School Preparation You will be introduced to documents guiding the school district, our district leaders, and their roles within the Fresno Unified School District. This session will review school resources, tips on supporting your middle school student through middle school transition and understand the importance of 7th and 8th grade to high school success. Understand the importance of 7th and 8th grade to high school success.
Session 2: Middle School Resources, A-G, and Technology
PLearn about the class options available for students at the middle school level. Become familiar with resources at the middle school level, learn about A-G requirements, understand ATLAS, and the importance of technology.
Session 3: Middle Schools, School Choice, and Attendance
Explore and learn about “school choice” options available for students at the middle school and high school level. Learning will include magnet programs, criteria schools, and JD doctor’s academy as well as how the transfer process works. You will learn about the importance of attendance.
Session 4: Developmental Changes of the Middle School Student
Gain knowledge and information about the developmental changes of the middle school student, which include biological, cognitive, and social/ emotional challenges. You will learn about bullying, vaping, AB2246 law imposed on all California schools in regard to depression and suicide awareness and helping your student cope after an emergency.
Session 5: Dangers of Vaping Presentation Virtually with County Health Officials